JOB TITLE: GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: Bromborough, Wirral, Merseyside
Lift Turn Move Ltd (LTM) is a leading manufacturer and supplier of lifting equipment for Industrial and Entertainment Industries. Established in September 2004 and based in Wirral, UK LTM is renowned for being a company that goes above and beyond, providing in depth product knowledge, exceptional service and supplying quality products. Lifting Equipment offered by LTM include Electric Chain Hoists, Travel Trolleys, End Carriages, Control systems, Festoon system, Pilewind Winches and Manual Handling Equipment.
In 2018 GIS AG, the Swiss based electric chain hoist and light crane manufacturer acquired Lift Turn Move Ltd, becoming their second subsidiary company alongside an operation in Germany.
LTM also provides hands-on training Courses on the GIS & LoadGuard Hoists, focusing on the maintenance of the hoists.
Due to continued growth in 2019, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Manager working in the UK operation.
The business is a forward-thinking organisation that is instantly recognisable as a market leader in their field, who have a very strong and well-respected brands. They are part of a multi-million-pound turnover global group and set the standards within the market with their exceptional and wide-ranging products and customer service.
This is a great opportunity to join the organisation as it continues to grow and develop. The ideal candidate will have a strong Sales and Commercial background, strong General Management experience or strong man management experience, additionally you will have experience in an Engineering related sector or you will have experience in a Manufacturing environment.
As a General Manager for LTM, you will have Full Profit and Loss Responsibilities for the Site and its 14 Staff members. You will be measured on overall financial results.
The successful applicant will be an ambitious and forward-thinking individual who thrives on a challenge. The company require applicants who are very proactive, driven, decisive and make strong decisions. They require candidates with strong sales and commercial acumen who can juggle a number of things at once. They require someone who is very much a leader who leads from the front and is very hands on. They are also looking for someone who brings a fresh approach and fresh ideas, who also engages with the various teams, can hold the team to account when needed but also has a collaborative approach and is very much a team player.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for Implementing and evaluating the strategic plan.
Within the role of GM, you will assume full responsibility and oversee the daily operations of the business whilst being responsible for understanding the needs of the business and ensuring they are met on a day to day basis.
- Perform assigned duties and responsibilities as directed by the board of directors.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day operations of the company.
- Implements and delivers strategic plan.
- Accountable for annual financial budgets, monitoring and making operational adjustments where necessary.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating personnel &resources; assigning responsibilities to team, reviewing progress; making corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, suppliers, community organisations, and employees.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training and industry conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supports board of directors in formulating policies and making recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly financial and operating reporting to show operational effectiveness against targets / budgets prepared and delivered to board of directors in a timely manner.
- Experience within the lifting Industry would be an advantage but not essential
- LEEA qualifications and/or degree in mechanical engineering an advantage but not essential.
- Strategic thinking & management skills
- Planning / Organising
- Manage teams and employees - Ability to build and develop relationships with employees at all levels of the business
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
How to apply
Please apply in writing along with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org