JOB TITLE: Hoist Assembly & Service Supervisor
LOCATION: Bromborough, Wirral, Merseyside
Lift Turn Move Ltd (LTM) is a leading manufacturer and supplier of lifting equipment for industrial and entertainment Industries. Established in September 2004 and based in Wirral, UK LTM is renowned for being a company that goes above and beyond, providing in depth product knowledge, exceptional service and supplying quality products. Lifting Equipment offered by LTM include Electric Chain Hoists, Travel Trolleys, End Carriages, Control systems, Festoon system, Pilewind Winches and Manual Handling Equipment.
In 2018 GIS AG, the Swiss based electric chain hoist and light crane manufacturer acquired Lift Turn Move Ltd, becoming their second subsidiary company alongside an operation in Germany.
LTM also provides hands-on training Courses on the GIS & LoadGuard Hoists, focusing on the maintenance of the hoists.
Due to continued growth in 2019, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Hoist Department Supervisor working in the UK operation.
The business is a forward-thinking organisation that is instantly recognisable as a market leader in their field, who have a very strong and well-respected brands. They are part of a multi-million-pound turnover global group and set the standards within the market with their exceptional and wide-ranging products and customer service.
The Hoist Department Supervisor will supervise all Engineers in the department and the assembly, testing and packing of manual and electric chain hoists at the direction of the assistant Workshop Manager/Workshop Manager or in their absence they will report to the Technical Manager.
Dimensions of this Role: Operates alone or as part of the team to deliver customer specified product in line with the company’s objectives and values.
- Hoist Productions Supervisor
- Supervising a team.
- Dealing with incidents in a timely and calm manner always.
- Ensure workstations are clear and workshop tools are accounted for.
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees.
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules.
- Oversee and assist employees.
- Check production output according to specifications ensuring quality & manufacture standards are achieved
- Assist in submitting reports on performance and progress within the workshop team.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements i.e. asking for CAD drawings to be issued for workshop team.
- Train and work with new employees to ensure they safely use machinery and follow procedures.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company QHSE standards.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to in line with ISO9001 standards.
- Other Duties as required
Electrical Lifting Equipment
Preparing/Proof Load Testing/Inspection and Thorough Examinations/Servicing/Stripping and rebuilding on the following three and single phase hoists and controllers brands including: Guardian, G-Pro controllers, GIS HZ, EM, GCH, GP, LP & LG which include the Synchron and Handy Hoists also the Uni-bar hoist system using a ranger of the above hoists, Cranes, Track & Monorail Systems.
Manual Lifting Equipment
Preparing/Proof Load Testing/Inspection and Thorough Examinations/Servicing/Stripping and rebuilding on the following types of manual equipment of many bands: Hand Chain Blocks, Ratchet Lever Hoists, Winches, Cable drum jacks, Screw jacks, Rack and pinion jacks.Engineers are expected to undertake a range of duties not described in this document but within their technical capabilities, as directed by the Workshop/Assistant Workshop Manager & Technical Manager.
- Previous experience of working with Lifting Equipment.
- LEEA Foundation Course [FOU],
- Completion of a Supervisory/Team Leadership Course
- Knowledge: Lifting equipment, technical specifications
- Technical capabilities.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and keep order.
- IT Skills including Word, Excel & Sage
Essential /Job Specific Training Required:
- Lifting Equipment General [LEG] Advanced Programme +
- Ongoing LEEA Qualifications will be required as the role develops
How to apply
Please apply in writing along with your CV to: email@example.com